Earn Money Through Your Blog/Website

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


FREE ASSESSMENT of your Application under Skilled Worker class
Email us at
Immigrating to Canada and Finding Employment
Canadian Immigration Made Easy - 2nd Edition

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Foreign Student
A temporary resident who has been approved by an immigration officer to study in Canada. The study permit identifies the level of study and the length of time the individual may study in Canada. Students do not need a study permit for courses of six months or less if they will finish the course within the period of stay authorized upon entry, which is usually six months. Before June 28, 2002, students did not need a study permit for English and French as a second language courses of three months or less. Every foreign student must have a student authorization, but may also have been issued other types of permits or authorizations.
Foreign Worker
A foreign national who has been authorized to enter and remain in Canada, on a temporary basis, as a worker. This category excludes foreign students and people who have been issued employment authorizations for humanitarian reasons. Every foreign worker must have an employment authorization, but may also have other types of permits or authorizations.
Economic Immigrant
People selected for their skills and ability to contribute to Canada’s economy, including skilled workers, business people and provincial nominees.  Canadian Immigration Made Easy - 2nd Edition
An immigrant who has been admitted to Canada by demonstrating that they:
have managed and controlled a percentage of equity in a qualifying business for at least two years in the period beginning five years before they apply; and
have a legally obtained net worth of at least $300,000 Canadian.
Family Class
A class of immigrants to Canada made up of close relatives of a sponsor in Canada, including a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; dependent children; parents and grandparents; children under age 18 whom the sponsor intends to adopt in Canada; children of whom the sponsor is the guardian; brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces and grandchildren who are orphans under age 18; and any other relative, if the sponsor has no relative as described above, either abroad or in Canada.